Sankofa-2 - recognition award trophy
Sankofa-2 recognition award trophy. The Sankofa symbol is one of many sacred Adinkra Symbols ascribed to the Akan people who settled in the area of West Africa that is now called Ghana and Ivory Coast. The word Sankofa literally means “Go back for it”. The symbol is represented by a forward moving metaphorical bird with its head turned backwards to retrieve an egg (representing the future) from its back. It is highly revered and permeates all aspects of Ghanaian culture and lifestyle.
"Sankofa" teaches us that we must go back to our roots in order to move forward; that is, we should reach back and gather the best of what our past has to teach us, so that we can achieve our full potential as we move forward. Whatever we have lost, forgotten, forgone or been stripped of, can be reclaimed, revived, preserved and perpetuated. The wisdom from the past becomes the guide to a better and stronger future.
- size: 10.5" tall and 5" wide
- made of African Sese wood
- free engraving (max 4 lines and 40 characters/spaces per line.)
- enter your engraving message in the notes section of the order form
- delivery time with engraving is 10-14 days
- also available with no engraving (same price)
Bestow this unique, magnificent multi-cultural recognition award on a recipient who embodies the following traits:
- Is a positive role model for the community and the people around them
- Is forward thinking with selfless devotion
- Shares their success with their family and community
- Embraces diversity and uses their success to empower the youth
- Continually gives back to their community and helps to improve the quality of life of others
- Continually offers guidance & mentoring