Bethune-Cookman University - Products

This page features products for Bethune-Cookman University.

On October 3, 1904, a very determined young black woman, Mary McLeod Bethune, opened the Daytona Literary and Industrial Training School for Negro Girls with $1.50, faith in God and five little girls: Lena, Lucille, and Ruth Warren, Anna Geiger and Celest Jackson. Through Dr. Bethune’s lifetime the school underwent several stages of growth and development. In 1923 the school merged with Cookman Institute of Jacksonville, Florida (founded in 1872) and became co-ed while it also gained the prestigious United Methodist Church affiliation. On April 27, 1931, the school’s name was officially changed to Bethune-Cookman College to reflect the leadership of Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune.

Since 1943, Bethune-Cookman University (B-CU) has graduated more than 13,200 students. Traditionally, B-CU has maintained intercollegiate athletic programs and instrumental and choral groups that have achieved national recognition. Many alumni are employed in the fields of education, medicine, business, politics, government, science, religion, athletics and environmental sciences.